You are here for one of the three reasons!
1. You think nanotechnology is kool. No?
2. Then you must be interested in making a mark in history. No?
3, Oh, then you are dreaming of a noble prize, for sure.
Tell me if you are here for something more special.
“Always stay motivated, there is always someone looking up to you.”
IITs, IISc, NITs all, yes, all have M.Tech courses in Nanotechnology. Everywhere in India, M.Tech(Nanotechnology) is offered as a 2 years regular program with paid stipend(gate or not) including a 6-12 months of research project, depending upon the curriculum.
You can get into these college by clearing GATE cut off.
GATE is a very popular among science graduates these day because it offers research study in highly advanced nanotechnology labs in central and state government funded colleges and also making students financially independent.
Colleges having their own exam are listed below :
FYI : GATE scores are valid everywhere, even abroad and valid for two years after clearing it.
1. Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi -M Tech (Nanaotechnology) & option to pursue PHD on completion of post grad studies. Fees is very low and facilities are very good. Only drawback is that no metro connectivity to campus yet but hostel option is always there.
2. Delhi Technological University (Deltech), former DCE – M.Tech(Nanotechnology) – One of finest nanotechnology courses offered by premium faculty and research. Fees is also low because it is a govt. university. Campus is way far in bawana but you would not want to miss the fun of Deltech hostel.
3. Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology – M.Tech(Material Science and Nanotechnology) – There is no better place to learn about nanotechnology than sitting in the laps of mountains and rivers. Great infra and facilities. 2 labs dedicated to nanotechnology. On going research in graphene and solar thin films. High fees, hostel – yes. Own entrance exam. more info at smit.smu.edu.in
4. Amity University – M.Tech in Nanotechnology. Evergreen campus in Noida. Want to start up a nanotechnology venture, amity is the place to go. High fees, high hostel fees. Own entrance exam. As i said on grad page also that amity gives an integrated m.tech too which can save u one year.
5. Panjab Univeristy, Chandigarh – I wish i could study here. M.Tech in Nanotechnology. Own exam and they prefer gate too. Go for the research, crowd and food. PU will never disappoint you. Very low fees. Great faculty and good tie ups.
6. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, AP – M.Sc(Nano Science & Technology) M.Tech (Nanotechnology) & Ph.D (Nano Science & Technology) more info at : http://www.jntuh.ac.in
7. Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi – M.Tech (Nano Science & Technology) more info: USBAS
Other prominent universities with M.Tech (Nanotechnology)
Central University of Jharkhand
Anna University, Tamil Nadu
The Global Open University, Nagaland (M.Sc)
Osmania University, Hyderabad(MSc and Mtech)
Bharathiar University, Coimbatore (MPhil and MSc)
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, M.Sc. Materials Science (Nanotechnology)
National Institute of Technology Calicut – M.Tech and PhD
SRM University, Kattankulathur – B.Tech, M.S (Course work, Research), M.Tech and PhD
VIT University, Vellore – M. Tech Nanotechnology
Noorul Islam College of Engineering, Kumarakovil – M. Tech Nanotechnology
Karunya University, Coimbatore – Masters and PhD
Anna University Chennai
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam – M.Sc., M.Tech
Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi – M.Sc., M.Tech
IS not it great??? So many places to learn nanotechnology from. Get yourself enrolled now. Any question? Please leave a comment below. If you are looking for more information for any particular university, let me know, I will search and find it out for u.
Happy to Help!